In the corporate world, presenters are crucial to closing a deal, establishing good relationships with other companies, influencing others to be part of the company, and many others. With these good advantages, it is important that a presenter possess superb qualities to achieve and enjoy the benefits it offers. The question is what these qualities are. In a study conducted for qualities of a skillful presenter, there are 28 qualities that emerged. Some of these qualities are listed below.
1. Confidence. A presenter should be confident in what he presents no matter his lack of knowledge. Oftentimes confidence exceeds knowledge so if you are to present, make sure you embody this quality.
2. Clarity. A presenter should be clear on the information he relays and should leave no doubt to his audience. This is the reason why it is important for every presenter to research what he would present and prepare for any questions that may be asked of him.
3. Commanding. A good presenter should be authoritative. He should know how to own the room in a way that every participant attentively listens to him and participates in every activity he asks.
4. Understandable. A good presenter should be understandable to his audience. This is actually a crucial part in presenting otherwise the whole goal of presenting is defeated.
5. Natural. A good presenter should be natural in a way that everything from the presentation or multimedia used to the delivery of the message is polished. This can be managed through constant practice of your presentation.
6. Credible. A good presenter should be credible in a way that he is convincing and believable to his audience.
7. Adept verbally and non-verbally. A good presenter should use great words and should show great tone, volume, and correct pacing. He should also be able to enunciate the words he is speaking. Also he should possess clear communication with body language. This includes body movements, gestures, posture, and facial expressions.
8. Animated. A good presenter should be animated in a way that he is lively and enthusiastic when presenting. There are different kinds of personalities that compose an audience. It is crucial that you should be able to learn to entertain each one of them to avoid getting them bored.
9. Relaxed. A good presenter should be relaxed and comfortable in what he does. A relaxed person is neither tense nor anxious.
10. Focused. A good presenter should be focused especially to the topic at hand. No matter the problems at home or at work, he should learn how to manage these worries for it not to show when he presents.