Electronic whiteboards have become more and more popular over the past couple of years. Business establishments as well as schools are discovering that such tools are effective in enhancing communication, learning, and collaboration. Electronic whiteboards offer great advantages over the conventional ones, and are significantly beneficial in presentations and meetings.
Below are ways these electronic whiteboards could boost the workflow in the office:
1. They make a meeting or presentation into a collaborative production. Instead of spending half an hour on a one-way presentation being slid across a PowerPoint Presentation or scribbled across an ordinary whiteboard (or worse, chalkboard), an electronic whiteboard allows the participants of a meeting to be engaged with the discussion. Files could be quickly and easily edited, accessed, shared, and saved on such type of modern whiteboard. You can emphasize in real-time any changes you need to make, and enables your colleagues to give feedback.
2. Communication is greatly enhanced. Aside from allowing you to share files with people present in the meeting, you can also share the screen with attendees in remote locations. Everybody in the meeting is focusing on the same information. This ensures that everyone is on the same page. At the end of the presentation or meeting, you could share, email, or share all the details of the discussion.
3. Documents could be annotated. Electronic whiteboards enable you to make effective and persistent changes to any document and not merely scribbling notes using a marker with a different color. For instance, you can annotate on top of videos, hyperlinked drawings, BIM 3D models, etc. to further enhance your document flow and communication. You won’t be able to do all of these in an ordinary whiteboard.
4. Enables quick mobile connectivity. With the right hardware, you can connect an electronic whiteboard to all your Android smart mobile devices with just one application. This yields to greater range of inter-connectivity and data sharing. The best part about this is that you will never have to scramble to take notes from those fast-moving slides.
5. No need for markers and erasers. Forget fussy pointers and the mouse. Because of the touch technology, all information in your presentation will be literally at your fingertips. You can use one to five fingers to interact with and gesture the touch-screen electronic whiteboard. Plus, you won’t have to deal with the annoying stains from the marker on your hand.